Meet our team
STUART MENZIES – SCHOOL DIRECTOR
- 25 Years of Coaching experience with NMHA, NGHA and AMHA
- Elite level Experience with Carleton University (1997-1998)
- Intermediate Level Coaching Certification
CHUCK WIGHT- TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
- Head Coach, Asrhus Crocodils – Denmark
- Advanced 1 Level National Coaching Certification
- Head Coach, Women’s Hockey, University of Guelph (CIS), 2003-2007
- OUA Coach of the Year 2003/2004
- Head Coach Chinese Women’s National Team 2001/2002
- Assistant Coach Iowa State University 1999/2000
- Head Coach Ottawa Raiders (NWHL) 1998/1999
- Head Coach Carleton University 1997/1998
- Player Coach HC Metz, France 1991/1992
GREG LEATHERLAND – INSTRUCTOR
- Wellington Brewery B Division Men’s Rec 2000-present
- Oakville Blades 1987-89
- University of Guelph 1990-1991
When I’m not coaching at Tec-Tac, I am a Senior Tax Manager at BDO Canada LLP. I like Tec Tac for the great people that work there, and the awesome kids I get to work with. Hockey gave me a number of experiences and growth opportunities when I was playing and I wouldn’t be where I am today without being involved in the sport when I was young. I hope to have a positive influence on the kids that are playing today and working at Tec Tac lets me give back to the game of Hockey.
JEFF BOUCHER – INSTRUCTOR
- Minor Hockey Coach, IP to Midget AAA and everything in between
- Men’s league
- University Hockey – Rookie of the year (1989)
- Tier 2 junior Ottawa Sens
I’ve been a Physical Education teacher for last 14 years, and am currently the Department Head of PE and Athletic Director Holy Trinity Catholic High School. I like working at Tec-Tac for the challenging nature of the skills and drills., more specifically the emphasis on skating and agility that is crucial to young players. Tec-Tac has an excellent, fully qualified staff that make the experience rewarding with a low player/instructor ratio.
BRENNAN SARAZIN – INSTRUCTOR
- Strasbourg Etoile Noire, Elite League France (2009-2010)
- RIT Tigers, NCAA Division 1 (2005-2009)
- Nepean Raiders, CJHL (2001-2005)
- Atlantic Hockey First Team All Star, RIT Tigers – Leadership, Fans Choice, Coaches awards (2009)
- Assistant Captain of Strasbourg 2010
- Captain of RIT Tigers 2009
- Captain of Nepean Raiders in 2004-2005
Currently I’m a professional hockey player. The staff at Tec-Tac is very friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. I like working with kids at hockey camp in order to try and help them develop into better hockey players, and also share my experiences so that they can make good decisions in the future. I enjoy seeing the reactions on the kids faces when they realize they can do something they originally said they could not.
MICKEY GILCHRIST – INSTRUCTOR
- Etoile-Noire de Strasbourg, France Magnus League (2009-2010)
- Nikko Icebucks, Asian Hockey League (2008-2009)
- Newcastle Northstars, Australian Ice Hockey League (2008)
- Middlebury Panthers, NCAA (2004-2008)
- Nepean Raiders, Jr. A (2000-2004)
- Nepean Raiders, 2-time CJHL champion, 2-time all-star, MVP Playoffs
- Middlebury Panthers, 2-time NCAA Div 3 National Champion, First team All-American, National Player of the Year (2006)
- Newcastle Northstars, AIHL Champion, League Leading Scorer, Playoff MVP, Team MVP
I’m still playing pro hockey, aka, living the dream. Instructing at Tec-Tac is always a pleasure due to the quality of instructors and campers creating a fun and enjoyable atmosphere to learn hockey. With a high instructor to student ratio, it allows me to get to know my players on both a hockey and personal level, which is great. I really enjoy working with competitive hockey players who want to get better and compete.
TIM MURPHY – INSTRUCTOR
- Smith Falls Minor Hockey System
- Men’s league for 20 years -3rd in scoring on my team this year!
- Coach, Clarington Minor Hockey (2000-present)
I work for the Town of Ajax as a Parks Supervisor. I like Tec-Tac because it allows me to work on my coaching and instructional drills with a group of kids who want to come to the rink every day.
ANDRE CHAN – INSTRUCTOR
- Nepean Raiders “AA” (2001-2008)
- Collège Catholique Franco-Ouest Vikings Team Captain (2006-2008)
- OEMHL “AA” All-Star Game (2007)
- Tournoi Franco-Ontarien All-Star Game, MVP (2008)
- Collège Catholique Franco-Ouest, MVP (2006-2008)
I’m currently studying at the University of Ottawa, for a Psychology Major. I always have a great time with the kids on and off the ice at Tec-Tac. And I really enjoy helping them improve so they can prepare themselves for the upcoming season.
PAT BARNEY – INSTRUCTOR
- Carleton Place Legion Kings, Junior B (2008-2009)
- Stittsville Royals, Junior B (2007-2008)
- Renfrew Timberwolves, Junior B (2006-2007)
- Pembroke Lumber Kings, Junior A (2006-2007)
- Nepean Minor Hockey Association (1996-2006)
- Selected to All-Star team with Stittsville Royals and Pembroke Lumber Kings
I am currently at Algonquin College, aspiring to be a certified carpenter. I love to help kids improve their hockey skills. It’s always a great feeling watching them improve in one week, such a short period of time. Creating bonds with returning campers, sharing laughs with the kids all week, playing games with them on and off the ice.
ANDREW MATSUKUBO – INSTRUCTOR
- Carleton University Varsity Team (1992-1995)
I am a Consultant and a stay at home Dad. I like working at Tec-Tac because of the awesome environment that’s a mix of teaching, learning, and fun. I like working with kids to see them improve, work hard, have fun and learn new hockey concepts.
SARA BESLIC – INSTRUCTOR
- League Hockey with NGHA since 2003, playing competitive from 2004-2010
- School Hockey Varsity Team, Sir Robert Borden High School, 2008-2010, assistant captain
- Positions played: forward and defense
- KGHA Tournament Champions, NGHA Tournament Champions, Toronto Aeros Tournament Champions, Glen Falls Tournament Finalists, Durham Tournament Finalists, OWHA Provincial Championships Top 4, Midget A (2008-2009)
- KGHA Tournament Champions, NGHA Tournament Champions, Ithaca U18 Intermediate Tournament Champions, Belleville Tournament Finalists, Midget B (2007-2008)
- OWHA Provincial Championships Top 8, Bantam BB (2006-2007)
- ODWHA League Champions, Bantam B (2005-2006)
- KGHA Tournament Champions, NGHA League Champions, Peewee B (2004-2005)
I’m a Grade 12 Student at Sir Robert Borden High School. I’m aiming to get accepted to university for Architecture and play Varsity Hockey. I’ve attended Tec Tac hockey camps every summer since I started playing hockey and loved it more every year. I’ve always loved working with kids in enjoyable environments and this gives me the opportunity to play hockey at the same time.
MADISON STANUL – INSTRUCTOR
- NMHA & ODWHA League Hockey, competitive (1999-2009)
- St. Pius High School Varsity Team (2007-2009)
- Frank Ryan Middle School School Team (2005-2006)
- Positions played: defence, forward, goalie
- MVP, Varsity Team (2008)
- Gold Medal & MVP, IIHF World Youth Hockey Tournament May (2008)
- Silver Medal, Bantam AA Provincials April (2008)
- Athletic Award for Hockey, Middle School (2006)
- Bronze Medal, Atom B Provincials & League Champions April (2004)
I’m a Grade 11 Student, St. Pius High School, aiming for scholarship and a spot on the varsity team in university. I’ve always loved working with kids, and this is just another opportunity that allows me to do that and play hockey at the same time. I went to Tec-Tac as a kid and I loved it every year.
MIKE EVELYN – INSTRUCTOR
- Major Midget Ottawa Senators AAA
- Minor Midget Nepean Raiders AA
- Major Bantam Nepean Raiders AA
- Minor Bantam Nepean Raiders AA
- Major Peewee Nepean Raiders AA
- Minor Peewee Nepean Raiders AA
- Major Atom Nepean Raiders AA
- Minor Atom Nepean Raiders B (no AA)
- Nepean Raiders House A
- Initiation – Timbits Golden Bruins
I love to teach, always have, love being on the ice, can’t get enough of it. Tec-Tac has a great staff who treat me great, always a pleasure.
NICHOLAS TWAROG – INSTRUCTOR
- Goulbourn RAMS Rep. B
- Collège Catholique Franco-Ouest Vikings
The people I work with are great and the kids are too. I love the game of hockey and being on the ice. Tec-Tac also has a very good learning environment compared to many other camps I have attended.